Headsets have become more and more common in gaming with the continuing prevalence of online play that is found in most games these days. There are many companies in the game, but one of the best is ASTRO Gaming, who has announced a new line of headsets known as the ASTRO A20 wireless headsets.
The regular ASTRO A20 wireless headset comes in two variations, one for PS4 and one for Xbox One, with each also being compatible with PC as well. ASTRO says that they took the features of the ASTRO A50 with its premium features and created the ASTRO A20 for a wider audience that comes at a more affordable price of $149.99, with it being described as the following:
- ASTRO Audio – Experience audio exactly as the developers intended with ASTRO Audio, delivering accurate and precise audio performance from every source. A20’s feature 40mm drivers that provide audio fidelity tuned specifically for a competitive edge.
- ASTRO Comfort and Quality – Engineered for extended gaming sessions featuring comfortable cloth ear cushions, the ASTRO A20 is lightweight and easily adjustable. In addition, the durable headband ensures the headset will withstand wins, losses and everything in between.
- Low-Latency 5.8GHz Wireless – Unique among its competition, the ASTRO A20 features 5GHz technology that provides secure wireless connectivity between the A20 headset and remote transmitter. This helps eliminate interference from other wireless devices and keeps audio output in-sync with video sources.
- Powerful ASTRO Command Center (ACC) Software – The ASTRO A20 can be used with ASTRO’s free ACC software. Adjust Noise Gate, Side Tone and microphone levels for crystal clear communication, create your own EQ settings, and update the headset’s firmware.
- Precision Boom Mic – The ASTRO A20 includes a precise, uni-directional mic that’s optimized for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC. The A20 features Flip-to-Mute functionality, which mutes voice output and conveniently stows the microphone when not in use.
- Intuitive On-Board Controls – The ASTRO A20 features a highly intuitive and powerful set of on-board controls including: Game: Voice balance, EQ Mode select, Master Volume, and Power. These ensure that seamless adjustments can be made even in the most competitive gaming scenarios.
- Custom EQ Modes – Three EQ modes presets are available. These include ASTRO (tuned with precise bass for general gaming), PRO (tuned for precise mid and high detail for streaming and pro gaming) and STUDIO (neutral for accuracy and best for movies and music). You can create, customize, save and share EQ profiles to suit any listening experience or environment.
- Dolby® Atmos & Windows Sonic Ready (XB1/PC) – Experience stunning multichannel positional audio and enjoy pinpoint spatial accuracy as the ASTRO A20 supports Dolby Atmos & Windows Sonic surround sound on Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs. Dolby Atmos requires app store purchase.
- 15+ Hour Battery Life – Play for extended periods with more than 15 hours of battery life. Game freely knowing your gear can keep up with you on marathon gaming sessions.
On top of the two regular ASTRO A20 headsets for either PS4 or Xbox One, there are also two additional ones that are Call of Duty themed. Just like with the others, there is one each for PS4 and Xbox One. These special versions of the headset don’t come with anything different feature wise, but are Call of Duty themed, and will retail for $159.99.
If you’re interested in these headsets, they are all available right now to order.