The roster of Heroes Of The Storm is about to get a tad bit bigger with the latest addition of Junkrat from Blizzards very own Overwatch IP. The latest entry comes as the character has recently surged in popularity and what better way to cash in, than to exploit that popularity by stapling his face on all of their games!
The patch notes for the Junkrat update addresses a lot of issues and sees a few hero changes as well. Another major change is the rollover from regular loot boxes to the themed Hallow’s End loot boxes for the duration of the month. One major system side change is that the game will no longer run on Windows XP or Vista. Check out some of the patch notes below.
- The hotkeys to switch between the Stats, Talents, and Death Recap tabs of the leader panel (currently F1, F2, and F3) can now be rebound in the Hotkeys menu.
- These hotkeys now provide quick access to the respective tab of the leader panel when the hotkey is held down.
Windows XP/Vista Deprecation
- In July, we announced our intention to end support for Windows XP and Windows Vista in Heroes of the Storm. With this patch, Heroes of the Storm will no longer run on these two operating systems. Players who are affected by this change are encouraged to upgrade to a newer OS version.
- Seasonal Item indicators have been added to items in Loot Chests and the Collection
- Volskaya Foundry now has a unique “Point Guard” award for time spend standing on the Control Point
- The Event Log is now enabled in the Observer UI
Fans can take a look at the full patch notes on the Battle.net blog. The patch is now live and players can take Junkrat for a spin, as long as you are not running Windows XP or Vista that is.