We saw the return of Target’s annual Buy 2 Get 1 Free Sale back in early November to the enjoyment of many, with some likely waiting for the December one that Best Buy usually has. However, Best Buy has changed things up for the worse this year with a much more limited Buy 1 Get 1 50% off sale that only includes a select number of games.
While Target’s sale didn’t include Nintendo Switch games last month, it had no other limitations when it came to PS4 and Xbox One games, or even Nintendo 3DS games. The Best Buy sale does have on Switch game included, but is overall limited to 28 total according to their website, with most being various platforms for the same game.
According to the website, the following games fall in the Best Buy Buy 1 Get 1 50% off sale this week:
- Star Wars Battlefront (PS4, Xbox One)
- Assassin’s Creed Origins (PS4, Xbox One)
- Call of Duty: WW2 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Destiny 2 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- FIFA 18 (PS4, Xbox One, Switch)
- Madden 18 (PS4, Xbox One)
- NHL 18 (PS4, Xbox One)
- Need For Speed Payback (PS4, Xbox One)
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War (PS4, Xbox One)
- WWE 2K18 (PS4, Xbox One)
- NBA 2K18 (PS4, Xbox One)
- South Park: The Fracture But Whole (PS4, Xbox One)
- Forza Motorsport 7 (Xbox One)
The good news is that these are some of the biggest multiplatform titles over the last few months, with Forza Motorsport 7 being the only console exclusive of the bunch. So if you were looking to pick up some of these titles for Christmas, this definitely is a solid deal, especially since GCU can be combined with this unlock on Black Friday. However, this is a bit of a letdown from the usual sale we are used to from Best Buy at this time of year with it having so few games included.