Keeping with the recent trend of porting Final Fantasy to PC, Square Enix has announced that Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will launch on Steam this February. The news was accompanied by a new trailer (seen above) as well as a handful of new screenshots that show off the game’s boosted beauty in this iteration. The PC version will host all of the improvements found within the PS4 copy, but it will also contain other “enhanced features.”
Here is a quick rundown of what to expect as well as those aforementioned screenshots.
- 60FPS – Ivalice will look better than ever with the game running at 60FPS.
- Compatible with 21:9 ultra-wide monitors – Up to three HD monitors can be used for a potential 48(16×3):9 experience.
- New Game Plus and New Game Minus – Post-game content modes are now accessible from the beginning of the game.
- Three background music options – The original, re-orchestrated and soundtrack versions are now available from the beginning of the game.
- Maximized License Points and Gil – New functionality added to grant players max License Points and Gil from the configuration screen.
- Full controller support, Steam Trading Cards and more to optimize the PC player experience.
The news shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise, as Square Enix has been consistent in their attention to the PC platform lately when it comes to Final Fantasy. In fact, Final Fantasy XV is also on its way with a targeted Spring 2018 release window. It looks like Q1 of the new year is going to be good to Final Fantasy fans on PC.
Pre-orders will be rewarded with a 20% discount, three audio tracks, and a wallpaper illustrated by Final Fantasy artist Isamu Kamikokuryo. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will sell for $49.99 when it releases on February 1st.
Be sure to read over our review of The Zodiac Age on PS4 to get an idea of what’s in store for you in this remaster.